Oil & Gas
Well Test Engineer (Saudi Arabia)
- Full Time
- Saudi Arabia
PE Global are looking for Well Testing Engineers to join the world’s second largest company in the Oil & Gas sector based in Saudi Arabia – . This is a permanent role with lucrative salaries and excellent benefits.
This senior professional will be a focal point in well testing/pressure transient analysis as part of the Well Testing Division in Petroleum Engineering. He or she is expected to provide support and leadership in multi-disciplinary projects for clients from diverse organizations.
- Have skills in pressure transient analysis (PTA) in complex well/reservoir/fluid systems – for example, ICD/ICV/Smart Completion/Multilateral/MRC/EOR/Channel/Multi-Phase/Tight and Unconventional Gas
- Must have excellent skills in building numerical models to study pressure-transient scenarios; for example, fault/fracture networks in heterogeneous systems, thermal effects in injection wells, etc.
- Competent in processing and interpreting large and real-time data from intelligent fields
- Integrate PTA with petrophysical, geological, fluid properties, drilling and completion data, and operational details to build representative reservoir models.
- Field experiences in design, supervision and execution of exploration well testing operations are essential. Special emphasis is put on testing operations in harsh and difficult environments, e.g., deep water, heavy oil, involving H2S/CO2, etc.
- Work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and must be experienced in conducting studies and delivering technical presentations
- Prior experiences in modeling complex wells, completed over multiple, heterogeneous reservoir layers, are essential
- Capable of teaching complete, structured courses on well testing
- Coach young professionals to prepare them to take over difficult projects in the future. Also guide them as a career advisor.
- Possess track records of building complex analytical and numerical models from scratch. Skills with deriving and coding mathematical solutions for transient pressures are desirable
- Experiences in building advanced transient models by calibrating geological sector models with well-test data are desirable
- Be seen as a person of excellence or a subject matter expert in the area of well testing
- Adapt and promote new technologies for efficiency and for improving quality of work. Get involved in development of new technologies
- Contribute to knowledge substantially by writing technical papers and filing patent ideas. Also present existing and new technologies in the knowledge sharing meetings
- Get involved in local, regional and international professional societies for exchange of knowledge and ideas
- Extensive engineering background with a degree in petroleum engineering or similar discipline. However, an MS or a PhD is preferred. Good exposure to production engineering, well logging, well testing operations, simulation, drilling and completions, and field development is essential
- At least 12 years of experience in petroleum engineering, including on-the-job experiences in pressure- transient analyses, numerical modeling with complex well and reservoir configurations, or leading well testing operations
- At least 10 years of experience in building complex PTA models, or reservoir simulation models, or leading well testing operations is essential
- Practical knowledge of using commercial software packages of well testing, simulation and geological modeling
- Field experiences in designing exploration well testing programs, and supervising and supporting operations are valued. Excellent understanding of surface and downhole tools in well testing is essential. Prior experiences of testing in difficult environments (e.g., deep water, heavy oil, high H2S/CO2 contents, etc.) are preferable
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent Tax Free Salary
- Full in Kingdom medical coverage for you and family
- Repatriation allowance (flight money) of roughly USD3-4k per year per adult, 70% of that per child
- Full use of the excellent facilities in the communities
- Relocation Packages and Visa Sponsorships
If you are interested in hearing more or wish to apply, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org