Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Chief Scientific Officer
- Full Time
- United States, New York
Chief Scientific Officer – New York
My client, a cutting-edge Biotech who focus on AI powered drug discovery have an opening for Chief Scientific Officer to join their team of young scientists. With substantial investment and their first product coming to market, you will be joining this company at a key moment in it’s history.
In this position you will be providing leadership to a passionate team of computational biologists, chemists, machine leaning and software engineers. As Chief Scientist Officer you will be a key decision maker directing company’s strategy and pipeline, you will be communicating the value of our client’s scientific programs and platform technologies to pharmaceutical companies globally.
I am interested in speaking to a Senior Scientist with a track record of strong leadership and an ability to critically evaluate emerging technologies within drug development. The ideal person for this role should be currently working with technologies at the interface of artificial intelligence and drug discovery. You will need to have a background in synthetic organic chemistry and structure-based drug design. Ideally you will have extensive experience computational drug discovery & design from the perspective of a Clinical and Data Scientist. Experience in molecular simulations of organic molecules and biomolecules, Advanced Analytics/AI/ML strategy would be an advantage for this role.
- A PhD in any of the following , Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in AI/ML, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics physics bioinformatics, electrical engineering, or a similarly quantitative discipline
- A minimum of 10+ years of industry experience in drug development
- Ability to bridge the gap between biology and data science
- Extensive industry, research and management experience is required
- A combination of excellent science and business acumen and the ability to align company functions with the scientific and innovation mission and vision
- Global experience preferred along with a track record of driving growth
- Significant experience in relevant intensive R&D environments
- Ability to build and run effective scientific teams and implement sound technology
- Able to translate broad corporate strategies into clear, specific objectives and plans
My client is offering an attractive package of up to $350,000+ PA performance bonus +stock options
+401K + Health insurance + Dental insurance + Vision insurance +Life insurance.
If you are interested to join young team of highly motivated scientists and programmers discovering next generation lifesaving drug therapies utilising In-Silico platforms and AI please let me know a good time to confidentially discuss this opportunity.
Carl Sanassy Executive Recruiter PE Global
M: +44 (0)7787030905
T: +44 (0)204 512 6607