Nurses , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
Director of Nursing
- Full Time
- Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Director of Nursing – Mental Health
Our client is looking for a Director of Nursing to join them in the medium sized Mental Health facility based in Northern Cork. This role would be open to those on in Cork, Limerick and Kerry due to the locations.
The Successful Director of Nursing will have the support of the organisations, Management and Staff. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to the next step in their career.
Duties of the Successful Director of Nursing:
- You will undertake the role and responsibilities of the Director of Nursing in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and standards published by the Health Information and Quality Authority.
- To be familiar with and to adhere to the local safety statement (risk assessments and standard operating procedures) always.
- To be familiar with and to adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- To use company IT systems as instructed and to never share your passwords with another or do anything likely to result in the unutilised disclosure of company and or personal data as defined under the General Data Protects Regulations (GDPR).
- To act responsibly, at all-times, and to co-operate with our regulators in the very best interests of our service and the people who use them.
- To maintain the highest level of infection control standards as directed by company policy and national best practice guidance in the utmost interests for the Safety, Health and welfare for yourself, your colleagues, our service users and residents and any other persons in so far as is reasonable and practicable.
The Successful Director of Nursing Will Require:
- Minimum of 3 Years Management Experience – CNM, ADON OR DON
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent essential for this role
- Must have 5 years of relevant post-registration nursing experience and a minimum of 3 years’ (within the last 6 years) relevant experience.
- Must be a registered nurse (on, or eligible to be on, the live register of nurses maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland, NMBI.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with residents, relatives/visitors, employees, management, and external bodies e.g. GPs, hospitals, HSE, HIQA, etc.
- Computer literate with excellent communication, organisation, leadership and time management skills
The successful Director of Nursing will have the following benefits:
- Excellent Salary
- Contribution Pension
- Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Excellent Annual Leave
- Professional Development
- Life Assurance / Death In Service
- Educational Assistance
For more information Contact Amy via email@example.com