Engineering & Electronics
- Full Time
- Dublin City Centre, County Dublin, Ireland
PE Global Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join our client, a Public sector entity based in Dublin 2. This is a permanent position and the role is paying a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Asset Development identifies and develops new generation assets that enables the generation elements of our client’s green technologies strategy. These assets comprise both dispatchable and renewable generation projects along with the essential enabling technologies that are required to enable a low carbon electricity system to function effectively.
Asset Development has an extensive pipeline of projects options across a range of technologies, including Battery & storage Solutions, Flexible Generation and Hydrogen, Offshore and Onshore wind, Solar, in partnership with other business units across the business. The Asset Development team has a proven track record of identifying, developing, and delivering large scale energy projects to the client’s fleet and is seeking to continue this record by converting this extensive pipeline of project options into reality.
The successful candidate will support the Project Directors in the development of projects identified by the client. They will work closely with the team members across the various business units in the organisation . The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on large and complex projects ensuring these are progressed in line with delivery strategy for Asset Development. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, innovative, commercially driven and have a keen interest in energy related projects.
Responsibilities will cover the items below:
- Support to the Project Director in the delivery of projects from early development phase or acquisition. Ensuring project management methodologies are used to achieve a consistent high standard of output on all technical, commercial, legal, procurement and programme requirements.
- Carry out technical research and data analysis to support the project directors in optimisation of the projects from inception right through to financial close.
- Assist in the assessment and development of new business opportunities such as greenfield sites, application of new technologies and acquisitions.
- Assist in the project procurement and contract strategy and co-ordinate the various contracts
- Support the Commercial and Finance teams to ensure the projects are being optimised from inception/acquisition right through to financial close.
- Support the management of stakeholder relationships, both internally and Supporting the acquisition of necessary permits, authorisations, planning and connection agreements for projects.
- Regular reporting to the Project Director and various teams ensuring that members are informed of relevant project updates and deliverables.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to respond to change within a fast-changing and dynamic business environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build, develop and manage stakeholder relationships
- Experience of working well within a team environment and from own initiative, taking ownership of work / projects and motivating team members to deliver team objectives or projects.
- Ability to critically assess opportunities with inputs from highly diverse experts such as technical, environmental, regulation, market analysis and financial
- Ability to clearly plan and communicate the requirements to progress specific projects or new initiatives in the
- 3rd level qualification in engineering
- At least 5 years postgraduate experience.