Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- The primary responsibility of the Materials Planner/Buyer is to play a lead role in the co-ordination and execution of all activities related (but not limited) to the planning and purchase of components.
- The role involves converting the output of the Master Schedule and detailed schedule (MRP) for production needs into material requirements to ensure availability of the right quantity when needed.
- Develop & Execute the Materials Requirement Plan (MRP) by ensuring efficient and effective procurement & inventory practices and optimizing the balance between quality, service, reliability and cost to ensure that patient / customer requirements are met while maintaining compliance.
- Ensure a key focus on master data of materials in Oracle to ensure correct signals are received in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet planned requirements.
- Maintain raw material and consumable inventories within target, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired materials
- A strong self-starter who uses initiative to identify, communicate and resolve issues as they arise
- Communicate when required at the site “Run the business” meetings, any potential impacts to the production schedule, supplier reliability/service issues. Escalate as appropriate through site and global forums to ensure issues/criticalities are resolved in a timely fashion
- Interface with Quality and Warehouse staff regarding any rejected / defective materials, making the necessary physical arrangements with the supplier through GSQ to ensure a prompt return of goods or disposal.
- Support Scenario planning (RCCP) when required with colleagues in the Material Operations, planning function, by performing material feasibility analysis.
- Liaise with suppliers to clarify potential plan constraints and interfaces between supplier and the key internal stakeholders to ensure issue resolution.
- Support operational readiness activities where required.
- In collaboration with Tops Global Procurement (TGP), manage the supplier and materials selection process with supplier agreements where applicable.
- In collaboration with TGP, ensure the new material qualification process is managed and new materials created and set-up sufficiently on Oracle to ensure accurate and efficient planning and purchasing.
- Partner with TGP to drive supplier performance improvement, including quality and on-time delivery in line with production schedule
- Track and report site level supplier service performance, communicating the information to the relevant parties where relevant
- Execute potential deviations to the plan assessing with the supplier the feasibility of such changes, rapidly highlighting to the affected internal stakeholders if the changes are not possible from a materials/consumable’s perspective.
- Liaise with warehouse to understand and adhere to space constraints, managing inventory levels within agreed targets.
- Effectively partner with all internal and external business partners, while also leading and influencing cross functional teams to ensure the best possible solution to problems
- Focus on and encourage continuous improvements (CI) of the process being supported (e.g. MRP signal improvement initiative)
- Develop and project manage local and global programs to deliver continuous improvement in KPI’s including Customer Service, Inventory and Cost.
- Align with strategies and realization of departmental and business goals
- Co-ordination and completion of required compliance process activities including Change Control, Deviations, Event’s & CAPA’s.
Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities
- Demonstrate the drive and eagerness to be successful in this role with a view to developing and progressing to levels of increasing responsibility.
- Development of efficient and effective Material planning processes and systems
- Engage with vendors in an ethical and compliant manner when required
- Be “Patient & Customer focused” ensuring that requirements are clearly planned for and communicated within the organization
- Be Results driven, while ensuring the optimization and efficient use of cross functional resources
- Contribute to the innovation and continuous improvement (CI) within Material Operations and the company.
- Be collaborative and cross-functional with all other departments within the site and across the wider company.
- Ensure department and personal “goals and objectives” are completed in an effective and efficient manner
- A strong strategic thinker who can perform at both a strategic and tactical level when and where required within and across the organization
- Ensure a high level of integrity always while performing the role
Education & Experience
- A minimum of an Honour’s Degree (NFQ level 8) in Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline is essential
- Supply Chain Certification is preferred e.g. APICS
- Project Management or Lean Certification is desirable
- A minimum of 3 years relevant Supply Chain Management experience is required.
- Experience in Planning/Purchasing in a pharmaceutical environment with strong technical/systems background is desirable
- Experience of Oracle would be beneficial, but ERP system competency is essential
- Power BI or similar data analytics visual tool knowledge is desirable but not essential
Please click the link below to apply, call Howie on +353 21 4297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***