Nurses , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
Clinical Nurse Manager
- Full Time
- Sandyford, County Dublin, Ireland
PE Global Healthcare is currently recruiting for Clinical Nurse Manager 1 to work in an Oncology Day Unit for a leading Private Healthcare client based in Dublin.
These positions are permanent either part time or full time – flexible working arrangements available.
Benefits of Positions:
Here are just some of the nursing job benefits on offer:
- Highly Competitive Wage
- Education & Continued Professional Development
- Maternity & Sick Cover
- Relocation Packages
- Introductory bonuses for nursing grades
- Annual Pay Review
- Private Health Insurance & Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- Flexible working practices
- Ample Car Parking
- Travel Saver and bike to work schemes.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Coordinates and directs the daily patient care operations of the unit.
- Analyses workloads and skill requirements to meet patient care needs.
- Assesses staff competencies and makes patient care assignments.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to personnel, consistent with legal and professional guidelines and departmental standards.
- Maintains clear communications with the Clinical Nurse Manager regarding unit needs and/or incidents.
- Serves as a resource person on the unit.
- Assists with patient care as needed.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Participates in delivery of patient care in the oncology day unit.
- Participates in the delivery of patient and family education pertaining to chemotherapy regimes and treatment.
- IV cannulation and venepuncture as required.
- Administration of prescribed cytotoxic chemotherapy to Oncology patients via cannula, Hickman/PICC Line or portacath.
- To administer chemotherapy under strict protocols, adhering to unit and hospital policies.
- Be aware of hospital and HSE policies pertaining to the safe administration of cytotoxic preparations.
- To utilise and make available to patients and families, local and national cancer support networks.
- Participate with in-service education programmes for staff.
- Promote evidence-based practice.
- Liaise with the National Cancer Registry as required.
- NMBI Pin.
- 5 years’ clinical experience preferred.
- Competency in venepuncture and cannulation.
- Competency in the administration of cytotoxic drugs.
- Three years clinical experience, two of which should be based within the Oncology Nursing Area.
- Candidates must possess teaching abilities, leadership qualities, professional judgment, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and a sense of professional development. Must demonstrate multi-tasking ability.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Michelle Roche on 083 203 3637 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***
For a full list of our current job vacancies please go to: https://www.peglobal.net/