Secretarial & Admin
Travel Advisor – Dublin
- Dublin City Centre, County Dublin, Ireland
PE Global are recruiting for a Travel Advisor for our tourism client, based in Dublin CC. This is an initial 5- month contract role, start date ASAP.
- Engage with visitors to support their needs and offer suggestions to enhance their holiday experience with particular reference to the company brands.
- Respond to enquiries promptly and courteously providing timely and accurate information utilising and referring visitors to DiscoverIreland.ie and VisitDublin.ie and distributing visitor maps.
- Create itineraries for tourists offering suggestions on things to see and do locally and around Ireland
- Maintain and replenish up to date supplies of tourist brochures, maps and other printed information and ensure they are well presented.
- Communicate effectively with all internal and external customers including visitors and tourism trade.
- Act as first point of contact for visitor queries; manage local queries regarding developmental opportunities from the tourism trade.
- Encourage visitors to provide feedback through visitor comment forms, surveys, Discover Ireland and Visit Dublin websites etc.
- Adhere to policies and procedures, as outlined in the Visitor Engagement Handbook.
- Attend regular team meetings and provide updates from local Tourist Information Centre in agreed format.
- Provide support to the Senior Travel Advisor and Visitor Engagement Officer as required from time to time.
- Ensure all tourist information is up-to-date, accurate and complete, including proofreading of literature, maps etc.
- Attend other TICs for training or provide leave cover from time to time.
- Source and provide local tourist information for the organisation and produce information and events listings.
- Assist in rejuvenation and maintaining TIC to ensure that it is user friendly, visually stimulating and relevant to the needs of the visitor.
- Produce accurate weekly statistical reporting to the central database around activity and conduct regular stock on hand reports as required.
- Support the delivery of Visitor Engagement’s strategy, through gathering local content for face-to-face, print, workshops and digital distribution and administration support on projects
- Adhere to General Data Protection Regulations in line with policy.
- Monitor Health and Safety in the office and report in line with policy.
Education & Experience
- A Professional Qualification (minimum Level 6 under the QQI Framework) in a related discipline is essential
- A minimum of 6 months experience of working in a customer-facing role
- High proficiency in MS Office, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Ms Teams and Outlook
- Comprehensive knowledge of the local geography, and local and national tourist attractions (please demonstrate this in your application)
- Experience in the tourism sector would be an advantage
- Foreign Language(s) would be an advantage
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, or alternatively send an up-to-date CV email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland****