Software Engineering , IT
Field Service Engineer
- Norwich, Norfolk, UK
PE Global are looking for a Field Service Engineer to work on contract for a multinational Retail technology Solution Company based in Essex/Norwich.
This role will require the engineer to go to each customer site and fix the problems that they are having with either their POS, SCO, IT Equipment etc and/or general servicing. It is essential the candidate demonstrates outstanding customer service skills with the customer in a professional manner
- To act as the Company’s ‘ambassador’ when attending customer site/s for support and maintenance activities, in line with Company values.
- To adhere to Company Engineer Best Practices for Field Service Engineers.
- To liaise with local customer representative/s in order to diagnose faults and ensure a rapid, accurate & long-term ‘fix’ to problem
- To complete ‘fix’, and any necessary preventative maintenance work, to ensure IT equipment is returned to working order as quickly as possible and without the need to return to site to complete further work
- To ensure replacement parts are utilized only where the diagnosis proves it is essential to do so
- To ensure local customer representative/s is updated on call progress, fix or future action and likely timescales
- To advise local customer representatives on proper care of equipment and provide simple training or advice that will prevent the recurrence of fault
- To liaise with technical support personnel, where additional advice and guidance are needed to affective a ‘fix’. To act upon the advice of these staff and ensure a full understanding of their guidance to ensure future learning
- To ensure all chargeable fault calls are identified and reported
- To escalate any potential opportunities for future sales, up through line management chain
- To update call management system, in real time, on activity and progress
- To ensure all IT spares are returned in a timely manner and in accordance with logistics procedures
- To submit activity reports (e.g. overtime, expenses, fuel returns) in a timely manner and in accordance with Company procedures
- To prepare ad hoc briefings / reports on work completed to enable future engineers to undertake work on recurring calls
- To proactively read technical documentation to ensure technical skills are up-to-date and effective
- To liaise with internal departments in a positive and professional manner (e.g. Customer Care Centre, Logistics, Contracts Administration, Finance, etc.)
- To provide proactive feedback on territory performance through line management chain to ensure ongoing service performance improvement, cost effective delivery and the dissemination of technical information
- To ensure high levels of personal productivity and utilisation. To escalate where no work is available promptly
- To complete ad hoc duties and tasks allocated through line management chain from time to time
- Retail and break fix experience desirable (POS, SCO, Pin Pads, Scanners, Tills, Printers, Back Office IT Equipment)
- Proven track record of more than 1 year Service Technician.
- Successfully completed education in IT- or mechatronic/electronic-related profession.
- PC literacy and good knowledge and application of the relevant tools and methods.
- Product knowledge of relevant industry and basic ITIL skills preferred.
- Ability to lift and move heavy loads, stand most of the day, climb, bend and stoop while working on equipment.
- Shift adaptability, which would include an on-call rotation for evenings and weekends.
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed.
- Ability to organize and inventory truck stock parts and tools.
- Sense of urgency, organizational skills, professional presence and work in team environment.
- First line or Service Technician work experience preferred.
- Will look at candidates who have experience with IT Servicing but have strong interest in moving into the Filed Service area.
- Van • Fuel card • Smartphone • Laptop • On the job training
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to send an updated CV to email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***