- Full Time
Mobile Developers – iOS Engineers
PE Global is seeking to identify talented iOS Engineers to join one of our key clients – to help build a high-volume platform and applications, linking millions of users to create technological driven solutions for the safe transportation of critical goods, foods, perishables, medicines, pharmaceutical products worldwide utilising emerging technology, innovation, IOT and Big Data.
The role sits in our clients connected solutions mobile team, empowered to help define the future of transport solutions, constantly evolving and embracing new technologies, best practices and new trends to ensure they are positioned to adapt quickly to global market demand and client needs. The company utilises IOT, Big Data to drive innovation throughout their product range across firmware, server, database, front end development and mobile apps solutions promoting collaboration between different agile development teams working remotely and when possible remote/onsite hybrid.
The team looks for strong exp using some of the following Swift / Objective-C and understanding of the iOS development ecosystem and/or android operating system and programming environments. Currently, they have offices and tech hubs across EU, US, Latin America, Australasia and this hire is ideally to join their Irish based team.
iOS Engineers – Role/Responsibilities/Requirements
Opportunity to work in a Global Company that utilises IOT, Big Data and Bluetooth to drive innovation throughout their product range. Company deals with Firmware, Server, database, front end development and mobile Apps. Dynamic environment using AGILE methodologies that promotes collaboration between different development teams.
As an iOS Engineer you will be responsible for developing applications (‘apps’) for Apple devices (iOS) and get them into the App Store. You will work as part of a team to define, design and implement features in our suite of applications. You will identify and correct deficiencies and fix errors in codes that show as bugs.
You will have experience in UI and UX and iOS frameworks and have experience of Objective-C and Swift. In addition, you will be proficient with messaging, offline storage, threading and performance tuning and be familiar with Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- experience building real-time native iOS applications
- Have submitted Apps & update to same apps to the App Store.
- Have strong proficiency in Swift, Objective-C and the iOS development ecosystem as a whole.
- Have a detailed understanding of the iOS platform, including different device capabilities, battery life, and performance
- Passionate about building apps which are highly focused on usability and the end user
- Have a strong interest in building libraries for other developers (and checking quality of your work with test automation)
- Have a love for designing and implementing ergonomic APIs
- Be an effective communicator, engineer, and problem solver.
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of web trends, best practices, and new technologies with the drive to stay informed on upcoming trends.