Mobile Android Developers
- Full Time
Mobile Developers – Android Engineers
PE Global is seeking to identify talented Android Engineers to join one of our key clients – to help build a high-volume platform and applications, linking millions of users to create technological driven solutions for the safe transportation of critical goods, foods, perishables, medicines, pharmaceutical products worldwide utilising emerging technology, innovation, IOT and Big Data.
The role sits in our clients connected solutions mobile team, empowered to help define the future of transport solutions, constantly evolving and embracing new technologies, best practices and new trends to ensure they are positioned to adapt quickly to global market demand and client needs. The company utilises IOT, Big Data to drive innovation throughout their product range across firmware, server, database, front end development and mobile apps solutions promoting collaboration between different agile development teams working remotely and when possible remote/onsite hybrid.
The team looks for strong exp using some of the following; Java / Kotlin and understanding of the iOS development ecosystem and/or android operating system and programming environments. Currently, they have offices and tech hubs across EU, US, Latin America, Australasia and this hire is ideally to join their Irish based team.
Android Engineers – Role/Responsibilities/Requirements
Android Engineer within the Connected Solutions Mobile Development team. The successful candidate will work in the ever-growing IoT space, developing products to work in conjunction with IoT devices, wireless technology, server and database solutions. An excellent career opportunity for anyone looking to be part of the big data revolution. We are looking for an individual with a demonstrated interest in android development, who thrives on the challenges of learning new technologies and enjoys working as part of a highly skilled team.
Connection Solutions run projects in a close team environment, resulting in excellent experience opportunities, exposure to evolving technologies, project methodologies and dedicated talent development programs with opportunities for future career opportunities.
High level Breakdown of Responsibilities:
- Design – working with Product Management, Project Management and end user stories on new product design architecture.
- Development – taking designs and making them happen. Writing and testing code using strict development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation.
- Building high volume platforms – linking millions of users worldwide at the same time.
- Quality Assurance – developing test cases in line with best practice methodology.
- Project Environment – Working in a cross-functional agile team to develop features with collaboration across the software stacks.
Qualifications and Skill set:
- Java & Kotlin programming skills experience required along with a relevant 3rd level qualification.
- Proven experience developing and debugging mobile applications.
- Understanding of the Android operating system and programming environments.
- Strong coding skills with proven ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to demonstrate logical troubleshooting steps when working on software bugs
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of best practices and new technologies.
- Self-management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.