Tech , Emerging Technology , IT
Technical Support Engineer – Italian Speaking
- Full Time
As a Technical Support Engineer you will provide technical support to customers, customer support personnel, and field support staff, focused on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging product lines. Support incidents can range from various hardware and/or software issues with storage systems and solutions, to multi-system, multi-vendor, and multi-network interoperability issues.
To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, and possess a strong customer service mentality. This role will provide you with an opportunity to develop your technical skills by learning and supporting infrastructure built for the next generation data centre. There will be full support and time given to each new joiner to familiarise with the product portfolio, customer base and technologies.
- Respond to post sales customer support issues, raised by the customer via phone/email/web/chat, or internally via Active Support.
- Be responsible for monitoring and responding to alerts on customer systems
- Raising support cases for alerts received by the SolidFire monitoring system or direct requests from customers
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with customers on recommendations and action plans.
- Technical troubleshooting of customer environments and products.
- Collection and analysis of multi-platform logs to identify issues and determine root cause.
- Case management.
- Collaborate with other Technical Support Engineers to quickly facilitate solutions for customers.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of your specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the Technical Support Center.
- Share best practices with Technical Support Center staff and learn about new technologies and complimentary storage applications.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and fluent in one of the following languages Hebrew/ German / French / Spanish / Italian
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple work streams
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Experience in troubleshooting methodologies
- Strong communication and documentation skills, and strong process skills
- General knowledge or an interest in technologies related to operating systems including Linux / Windows, storage, servers, storage, software / hardware troubleshooting, infrastructure, Networking, cloud, emerging technology
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience in a technical support capacity