Tech , Emerging Technology , IT
Technical Support Manager
- Full Time
Technical Support Manager
The Technical Support Manager directly manages a team of Technical Support and Escalation Engineers whose primary focus is troubleshooting, repairing, debugging and diagnosing incidents with the portfolio of products. This can include cloud based software, hardware and multi-system/multi-vendor/multi-network interoperability issues. Further to this, the Technical Support Manager will drive the shift left philosophy to focus on knowledge management, incident prevention and product improvement. The Technical Support Manager will have an operational knowledge of the area of their functional responsibility and align individual objectives with the goals of the business. They will establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, including Senior Management and Sales in order to drive operational excellence within support. You must possess excellent customer service skills and technology know-how needed to work successfully in high-pressure, time sensitive situations where customer satisfaction is the ultimate goal.
- A major part of your responsibility will be to provide oversight to a group or groups of Technical Support Engineers and Escalation Engineers responsible for:
- Resolving customer problems that come in via the telephone, the web, chat or AutoSupport
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customer with recommendations and action plans.
- Create and improve knowledgebase articles for reuse by the customer and support
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Engineering team to share best practices and learn about new solutions and services
- Provide a high level of proactive and reactive services by building relationships with the customer and internal stakeholders.
Responsibility & Interaction:
- This position is responsible for managing many tasks within a large group or department.
- The potential impact of decisions made by this individual will be mostly operational with some financial.
- This individual will apply attained experience and knowledge to address issues that are diverse in scope, and resolve problems through short- and mid-term planning.
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees and employees within and outside of their department and function.
- Utilizes people skills and available manager tools to positively impact the development of subordinates within their role and career.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable to drive customer self-services and enablement.
- This individual must work effectively with Senior Management to Vice President and Customer Executive Levels
- A clear understanding of the product development cycle, technical requirements, and project management.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
- A clear understanding of the product development cycle, technical requirements and project management.
- Experience and strong understanding of Cloud, Software, Virtualization technology and Storage Hardware
- A strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture through implementation.
- A demonstrated ability to function successfully as a leader.
- Ideally a minimum of 8 years of experience as an individual contributor and 1 to 5 years leadership experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field; or equivalent related experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple people, tasks, and projects is required.
- Additional language skills would be a bonus